Friday 9 May 2008

The Open Road


Tonight I've made a card for my son's good friend Joe who turns 18 on Sunday. They are both avid bikers. I couldn't find a bike stamp I was happy with so decided to make do with a peel off.
The tickets are made with The Open Road themeplate stamp from The Artistic Stamper. Inside I've stamped the Whitman quote from the themeplate because it seemed particularly appropriate for a youngster coming of age with his life ahead of him. It reads:

"Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,

Healthy, free, the world before me,

The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose."


I've used three coordinating papers from Dovecraft's Kelly Harwood Abstract pack. The torn edges of the bike image have been embossed in black and gold with a bit of help from the Field of Sky stamp.

1 comment:

Bixi Sparkles said...

Your cards are fabulous Jo, you obviously have a real eye for design and colour. I'd be very proud to say I'd made any of the cards you have shown us so far.

Bixi.xxx