Monday 25 October 2010

Rose resist


I recently picked up this fabulous rose stamp by Darkroom Door. My local craft warehouse were selling it at an irresistable price. On the way back from the shop I already had lots of ideas of what I wanted to do with it. This is the first technique I have tried with it. I started with glossy card and dipped it into Distress Ink (Victorian Velvet?) which had been spritzed with water on my craft mat. After drying it I stamped the rose stamp in Versamark and then brayered ink over the top (can't remember which ink I used but I'm guessing it's Aged Mahogany as it's always the one I reach for first). I then chopped up the glossy card into squares and mounted them onto black pearl card. The white card layer is stamped with Field of Sky (I'm so predictable) and a floral stamp from the Brocade Backgrounds plate by Elusive Images. The text is from Elusive Images' Birthday Words.

Just writing this has given me another idea of what I'd like to try with the stamp. I can see it is going to be very versatile.

6 comments:

Elaine said...

These stamps all work together so well. Gorgeous colours and really great card. Glad you got that lovely stamp at a bargain price, I love Darkroom Door images as you know, but I have to pace my wish list!! Looking forward to seeing more rose stamped cards.

Elaine xx

G Peplow said...

Pretty card, lovely colours and yes, I agree I think you're going to have lots of fun with that rose stamp:0) xx

themessycraftroom. said...

A lovely card and a very useful stamp by the looks of it. Gorgeous colours. I really like how you've done the edge of the card. Hugs x ChrisB

Debbie said...

Hi Jo. A lovely card. Darkroom door stamps aren't want stamps they are definately, NEED stamps and they work so well with the EI stamps. Off to have a go at the resist technique.
Debbie M

craftimamma said...

Great start to using your new stamp Jo. The colours work really well on that resist and the stamping on your background card is lovely. I don't blame you for bringing out your old favourite 'Field of Sky' as it's such a useful and effective stamp.

Look forward to seeing your next idea.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

I love this stamp, and you've made a beautiful card with it Jo. How much better that you got it at a bargain price! The colours that you have chosen are lovely, and really show off the texture of the stamp beautifully. I can't wait to see what your next idea is! Judith xx