Saturday 24 January 2009

Hubby's birthday

I've suffered a terrible lethargy since Christmas. It always seems to happen. The Christmas machine is in top gear and you start to realise what you could achieve if you could keep the momentum going when the season is over. Of course you can't do it. I don't have a lot of special dates at this time of year so nothing else was competing for my attention when I started this. It is for my husband's birthday next week.




If you saw my ribbon collection blogpost you may recognise that I've actually managed to use one of them. This is what the inside looks like. The greeting is inside the black inner card.





If you look closely at the detail you'll see I've cut the small diamonds slightly crooked as I know it all adds to the 'charm' expected of a handmade card! The large diamond on the front serves to hold the inner black card closed.



The damask leaves and diamonds are all from the Elusive Images Filigree Fusion stamp plate. The cream card has been embossed in Detail Gold EP and the bronze and gold card has been embossed in Moonglow Midnight Gold Obsidian EP. The black card has been embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder but you can't really see that in the photo.

2 comments:

craftimamma said...

Just returned to blogland and the visitors have all gone home. Jo this card is wonderful. Extremely classy and very different. No way can Mirek not be impressed by this.

Lesley Xx

Phree said...

What a fabulous card - such an ususal design, and very elegant.