Sunday 4 January 2009

In case you were wondering...

...and in answer to Phree's query...

I didn't actually get those lilies and sea hollies arranged but I did bring them onto the dining table to replace the roses. Here they're just standing on the floor so that the background doesn't spoil the picture.


Unfortunately I haven't managed to trim the stamens off quickly enough each day so the pollen has stained the flowers a bit. I bought them on Christmas Eve and today I've trimmed off the first faded blooms. New ones are still coming out every day. Not bad going huh?

2 comments:

craftimamma said...

I love white lilies and they combine beautifully with those sea hollies. Lovely display Jo, and I'm going shopping shortly so I think I might treat myself to brighten up my lounge now my Christmas decorations have gone.

Phree said...

The flowers look beautiful Jo, the blue and white colours make a lovley winter display. Great that they have lasted this long too!